Grant Proposal Presentations

    Earlier this evening, 11 Poly Global Scholars, myself included, presented our grant proposals in front of a panel of judges in hopes of securing funds for each project. We all worked on various projects with various organizations to apply this grant money to a cause we are passionate about and feel deserves money. I can proudly say that all six groups of us received each of our requested grants in their entirety!

Overall, I’m so grateful to have had the opportunity to both present my own grant proposal as well as hear about the impressive projects of my classmates. Working on the grant proposal and presentation for my and Margaret Sweeney’s project––which involves building a global education course in partnership with PFS––was certainly an educational experience, and gave Margaret and I insight as to how to formally request money from grant committee and all the nuance and hard work that goes into it.  We were both certainly nervous for this presentation, and I think the live Q&A section was probably the most nerve wracking. However, I think  that Margaret and I both handled the questions as best we could, growing our public speaking and interviewing skills. 

Aside from my own experience writing and presenting our grant proposal, I also thoroughly enjoyed listening to the unique projects of my fellow global scholars. It was exciting to hear about all of the different causes their projects propelled, and all of the different ways the grant money was going to support a sustainable development goal. I think I was proud of myself and all of my classmates in knowing that our work will be making a real world impact. 

Moving forward, I’m excited to continue to follow the projects of my classmates as well as continue to design my and Margaret’s global education course alongside PFS. 


Comments

Popular Posts